Building strong relationships between shippers and carriers results in mutual successNovember 14, 2011
Protect your business and yourself against cyber-criminals posing as transport companiesNovember 14, 2011
By managing supply chain costs, your business can earn a reputation for being reliable, as well as profitable and forward thinking. With a streamlined logistical supply chain, you will save money and guarantee your customers receive their shipments WHEN they are required – not sooner (wasted expense on your part) or later (customer dissatisfaction) – but on time…
In order to make your supply chain efforts more efficient, consider the following:
- Discuss ongoing cost reductions and long-term strategies with your carrier.
- Utilize your carriers online order entry, tracing capabilities and complete technological capabilities that should be available NOW
- Do you have detailed information on your products’ densities?
- Have you performed a formal freight RFP in the last five years?
- Do you track the results of your total freight cost and budget impact analysis? Do you involve your carriers in your freight budgeting exercise?
- Is your carrier presenting you with cost saving opportunities or insight on a regular basis?
- Do you communicate with your carrier on a regular basis? If so, is it the right person at YOUR company that’s communicating with your carrier in order to explore ideas and suggestions that can improve your company’s efficiency?
- Are your inbound and outbound processes and costs linked?
- Does your management have expertise and knowledge in freight management? Do they take freight management seriously?
If you can identify with any of these issues, GX can help.