Food products are a specialty at GX
With a long history in specialized commodity transport we understand the handling of food and food packaging material requires additional care and attention.
- Our facility is cleaned and inspected daily and inspection records kept. Pest control program utilized to minimize pest activity and inspections are done every two weeks. All dock doors to be closed at all times except during loading and unloading
- All food and food related product to be stored in a ‘food safe’ area far away from the products identified as non-compliant
- Trailers must be inspected before and after each use; intact, clean, and suitable to protect the goods. Interiors are to be washed as required. All trailer inspection records are kept concerning the condition of the trailers
- Under no circumstances shall any foodstuffs or food packaging material be transported next to any inappropriate product including hazardous materials, glass type products, equipment that might leak fluids or any material with strong odors or fumes, e.g. perfumes, air fresheners, soaps, detergents, tires, etc., must be shipped separately to avoid transference of odors
- Drivers are assigned a padlock at the start of each shift to be used for all trailers in transit to ensure cargo is secure at all times and monitor by city dispatchers
- Product requiring temperature control services have thermostat temperature verified before loading product into trailer, have the driver adjust the temperature if necessary and wait until the temperature is appropriate to load
- Allergens such as peanuts, eggs, milk, tree nuts, wheat, soy, sesame seeds, seafood, sulphites and mustard must be identified by the shipper on the BOL and the packaging. Stringent guidelines as to packaging and stacking of skids to prevent possible cross contamination are followed while in our care.
Shipment visibility, custom management reports and multiple GX team members familiar with your account are just a few of the benefits of trusting your LTL and Truckload requirements to us. Add to that our 15 minute response time and our 5 Star GX ProgramTM and you’ll see why GX is a great organization to handle your food and food packaging transportation requirements.